Long meetings do not normally faze me. The first half always seems to be very exciting and often times quite motivating, and it is not unusual for my energy level to diminish almost instantaneously immediately after a great lunch. In most cases I can press on and get through the last half, especially if I already feel as if I have taken away valuable information, new perspectives and a sense of empowerment over the lessons being taught and the knowledge being shared. After a lengthy and drawn-out eight hour session today, I have returned with the notion that although the intentions were to develop our leadership skills and our ability to coach others "effectively," I did not unearth anything I did not already know, and from my understanding, I can speak the same for several of my peers. Perhaps I am in the wrong for not taking the information for what it was: a review if nothing else and not for anything more. Granted it was a nice break from the sometimes monotonousness of my daily grind, I feel as if that amount of time could have been better spent. The first thing I did when I got home was head straight for the bathroom, and even that felt more worthwhile.

2 Comments:

  1. murmur said...
    I fucking HATE meetings! I try everything to get out of them. I would much rather be doing ANYTHING than have to go to a meeting. When I used to work at United and go to meetings, people would always see me writing in my notepad thinking I was taking notes but I was really writing shit like, "THis is lame...this person is stupid..I wish they would shut up...I'm hungry...." Such a waste of time!
    phoenix said...
    LMAO! Most of the times my meetings are really great but I sometimes do that too, often doodling images on the corners of some worksheet that had been passed out.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2008 moonlitpath.net | Web hosting by 1and1. Powered by Blogger and Geckoandfly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.