Winter's Overlong Reign


As much as I love the rain, somber skies and winter's cold fury, I think now I am ready for a little sunshine. I was dismayed this morning to find out my new car was dripping wet, drenched and dirty from last night's rain. After a week of warm weather, who would have thought this would happen--overnight even. California weather is consistently unpredictable. I have been outside for the last half hour or so watching monolithic stratocumulus clouds reeling in from the west with the bitter chill of the wind cutting through the flesh of my face like jagged, virtual razorblades. Even as I am garbed appropriately in a fairly thick sweater with the hood draped over my entire head, I cannot help but allow my body to shiver, uncontrollably and seizure-like. At work, at least during the last several days previous, the sun rising in my direct view and beaming blindness into my eyes had been a welcomed annoyance. The warmth has been refreshingly invigorating and I never thought I would ever say this, but I cannot wait for summer, when my body is sweltering and hot bands of heat is permitting half-nakedness around the house and preparing me for the beach. Even as I say this I am laughing to myself, knowingly when the time finally comes, I will probably have already thought differently. But until then, winter's overlong reign has overstayed its welcome.

2 Comments:

  1. SheR. said...
    I absolutely agree with you. IT's the same case here in croatia. We should be expecting some Spring weather now but instead we get rain pissing down on us eveyr alternate day. Oh.. where's the sun that I didn't appreciate in Singapore?
    phoenix said...
    I swear, we get all four seasons in less than a week--sometimes in one day! It's sunny and a bit warm outside right now, but give it a few hours until dusk, I'm sure hail will come.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2008 moonlitpath.net | Web hosting by 1and1. Powered by Blogger and Geckoandfly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.