Clearing the Air


The list of reasons why I like to smoke is quite long, but the reasons why I should stop is even longer. Upon further absorption of such thoughts this past week I have emerged strong and fully prepared to extinguish that flame. I have tried before and have failed with the realization that I was not ready to make that change, nor was I willing. But today I can truly say that this battle will soon come to an end and my victory will be absolute. After careful consideration, I have come to an understanding that I will need enough time to prepare myself mentally and physically, anticipating every possible repercussion that may take place. My date is set! On April 14th, the day after my birthday, I am going to quit smoking--cold turkey! You think I can do it? I know I can!

2 Comments:

  1. murmur said...
    OMG! Are you serious! That's really good to hear. And I'm going to do everything I can to help you through it too...
    Someone once told me, "It's just mind over matter." This is a little more complicated than that. There are chemicals involved that your body has become dependent on. Just don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work out right away. My dad quit for 7 years then started again and continued to smoke for another 3 years then he finally quit for good.
    This is not an easy feat you put yourself up to...but a solid support foundation is a good start.
    phoenix said...
    It isn't an easy feat but I believe that I can do it and support from the people around me is going to help a lot. I've made a few changes in my life that are quite similar and relied a lot on self control and will, so I am quite confident that this will be just as easy.

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2008 moonlitpath.net | Web hosting by 1and1. Powered by Blogger and Geckoandfly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.