In all honesty I really do love my job. But I have come to a realization that my "vacation" is almost coming to an end and I just really am sick of "working" in general. The one panel comic strip I found (posted to the right) explains more of how I feel in full color detail.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a lazy person but in the past week while I had been doing absolutely nothing but working out and blogging, I feel more accomplished than I have in the last year. The following few paragraphs were actually suppose to be posted yesterday, but alcohol is a purely enjoyable "eee-vul" that has inadvertently thwarted such plans. So, pressing on, here is yesterday's unposted post:

***

Strangely enough, considering that I am on "vacation," I went in and "worked" last night at "the Bistro," a fairly new wine bar in the newer section of the "Auto Mall" shopping strip in Fremont. I have to say I was pretty impressed. Unless it's a late Friday evening, I can almost assure you at least one tumbleweed sighting, but business last night was unusually very busy for just a weeknight. I suppose it was due to the fact that Audrey (the owner) was hosting her very first "Murder Mystery Night." There was a great turn out for the event and the crowd seemed to have been really enjoying the game as I could hear their boisterously nonsensical conversations and constant "Ooooh's" and "Aaaaah's" through the kitchen door, even over the loud hiss of the overhead fan and the blaring of my iPod. Unfortunately, it seems that she had accidently gave away "who dun it" halfway through and ruined the game. Luckily everyone left in high spirits and no one was offended or went away feeling cheated.

Halfway through the night one of the customers tapped me on the back and greeted me with a "Hey how have you been?" I paused for a moment and hesitantly turned around for I wasn't sure who or what to expect but was pleased to find out it was Bruce, a very old customer of mine whom I've met when I was just a barista at Starbucks and whom I haven't seen in the last three plus years. I was slightly shocked that he actually remembered me but even more so I think I impressed us both by remembering his "then" regularly ordered drink: A Grande (sometimes Venti) nonfat Latte. "We always remember the people we genuinely like," he said to me and I thought to myself, such small and simple words weigh a ton in absolute truth, but all I could say in return was "For real." We continued to chat momentarily while I ordered a glass of wine and parted words before I made my way outside to smoke a cigarette with Vivien and Erika. I didn't intend on staying for as long as I did but Bruce later joined us as he was leaving the bar. We immersed ourselves in what I thought was a drunken exchange of words but things had begun to get very interesting as our conversations progressed. It seems that Bruce is really good friends with Michael Goorjian, an actor/director who is better known by his character portrayals in Party of Five and SLC Punk. He went on saying that he has a small part in a new documentary directed by Michael Goorjian called You Can Heal Your Life, and when invited to a "table reading" at Sophia Coppola's house, was asked to play a small part as an "annoying accountant" in an upcoming movie. He also said that he would try to convince Michael in screening the documentary at "the Bistro" sometime in the near future and perhaps even have a "Q&A" session with Mr. Goorjian afterwards. As cool as that may be, I have taken that comment with a grain of salt. Nothing interesting or nearly that cool ever happens in Fremont. All in all I just thought it was very interesting and pretty darn cool how directly or indirectly connected we are to the multitude of people we interact with on a daily basis without even knowing it. Now if only I could find a connection towards paid bills for no work, free rent, a clean apartment and to master the art of "Cobra Kai" style Karate so that I could "sweep the leg" without hesitation. Defeat does not exist in this dojo. Does it? No, Sensei!

***

I woke up this morning dry mouthed and thirsty. Last night's drinking has left me drained in spirit and physical energy. It is also a little discouraging waking up to the mess left behind from the night before, which of course is piled on top of the mess left behind from the last week or so. Seriously, I have made plans tomorrow to really clean this place up. I just need to make sure I don't let anything distract me from finishing (or more so "beginning") the task. And Vivien, I'm still going to hold you up on your offer. So expect a call from me sometime in the early morning! ;-P

Although I am sad to see this week come almost to an end, I am really glad the weekend is almost here. I always treat myself to a nice fatty meal at the end of each week. After a week of healthy and nutritious food and protein shakes, I have been holding back on an intense craving for a real Mexican entrée. So, I think tomorrow I am going to splurge on more than a few tamales, perhaps from El Patio. So, Robbie, if you are reading this, let us feast on some tamales tomorrow!

Tonight I'm working another shift at "the Bistro." As much as I love the people that work there, I have to say there has been more than enough times I've hated going in to pick up the slack of the previous cook and "undo" a dirty kitchen. I hope Manny is feeling better and doesn't call out sick again. I have to admit, he is the burst of energy that helps time pass by and gets me through working a second job. Perhaps I'll run into someone else I know. If not, I know I could always look forward to the free alcohol per after shift and another night of drunken fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2008 moonlitpath.net | Web hosting by 1and1. Powered by Blogger and Geckoandfly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.