Spicy Shrimp Jambalaya

I enjoy cooking and often times enjoy making up recipes from ingredients that I may have lying around the kitchen. A few of my friends have been asking me for the recipe for my Spicy Shrimp Jambalaya, so I've decided to post it here on my blog so that they could easily look it up at home. The recipe is fairly simple and is a great dish on its own or as a side dish with baked salmon, the way I like to eat it. I hope those of you who haven't tried it will be willing to check it out, and I would love to hear any comments you may have. Oh, and just a warning, this dish is fairly spicy!

1 pound medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 cloves garlic, chopped
2 stalks celery, split and chopped
1/2 large onion, chopped
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 large tomato chopped
5 ounces chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 cups cooked white rice (or brown rice)

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add butter. Sautee 3 cloves of chopped garlic in butter and oil then stir in shrimp and cook for about 4 minutes.

Immediately add celery, onion, tomato, cilantro, salt, pepper and chipotle peppers. If you want to reduce the "heat" of the dish, you may want to omit an ounce or two of the chipotle peppers or perhaps just use the adobo sauce it was in. Stir until completely incorporated, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.

Add rice and the remaining cloves of chopped garlic and let cook for another 5 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve in a bowl or on a plate as a side dish. Quick and easy. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Copyright 2008 moonlitpath.net | Web hosting by 1and1. Powered by Blogger and Geckoandfly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.